Blacktown City Coucil’s Annual Garden Competition is back for 2020!
It’s time to showcase your creative flair and have your hard work recognised during the annual Blacktown City Garden Competition. With all the changes happening in the world with COVID-19 and many families now home bound, this is a perfect opportunity to keep active and maintain your pride and joy.
Council are on the lookout for the city’s best gardens across the following categories (max 3 per entry):
- Best Front Garden
- Best Back Garden
- Best Commercial Garden (Retirement Village or Business)
- Best Education Facility Garden (all education facilities)
- Best Edible Garden (Residential/education/business)
- Best Australian Native Garden
- Best Sustainable Garden
- Best Community Garden
- Best Individual Residential (unit/townhouse)
- Best Garden by Senior Citizen (60 years +)
- Best Themed/Novel Garden
- Best Garden by a Person/Group with a Disability.
Preliminary judging will be conducted between 31 August – 11 September 2020 inclusive, with the final round judging by industry experts in Late September Early October 2020.
For full details or to enter the competition, visit Council’s website.