It's time to showcase your creative flair and have your hard work recognised during the annual Blacktown City Garden Competition. With all the changes happening in the world with COVID-19 and many families now home bound, this is a perfect opportunity to keep active and maintain your pride and joy.
Council are on the lookout for the city's best gardens across the following categories (max 3 per entry):
- Best Front Garden
- Best Back Garden
- Best Commercial Garden (Retirement Village or Business)
- Best Education Facility Garden (all education facilities)
- Best Edible Garden (Residential/education/business)
- Best Australian Native Garden
- Best Sustainable Garden
- Best Community Garden
- Best Individual Residential (unit/townhouse)
- Best Garden by Senior Citizen (60 years +)
- Best Themed/Novel Garden
- Best Garden by a Person/Group with a Disability.
Preliminary judging will be conducted between 31 August - 11 September 2020 inclusive, with the final round judging by industry experts in Late September Early October 2020.
For full details or to enter the competition, visit Council's website.